Today, there are much more options for diners than ever before. Thus, it is in the best interests of operators to do everything within their power to attract these customers and keep them. Increasing restaurant sales online is the best and most amazing option for pulling loyal customers towards you without hassle.
According to Toasttab, “35% of diners said they are influenced by online reviews when choosing a restaurant“. Also, consumers are more likely to place food orders online and through their mobile devices or find restaurants that have a detailed menu of what they want.
So at this point, it is very wise for a restaurant business to be established online. Below are the five easiest steps to increase restaurant sales online, each one as important as the next.
Step #1: Build a Dedicated Website
Step #2: Efficient Use of Social Media
Step #3: Promotion to Increase Restaurant Sales
Step #4: Networking
Networking is also very essential to growing your restaurant business online. Joining food owners’ groups and associations on networking sites will enable you to get to know other restaurant owners who could share secrets of their growth that would get your business up and going.
Step #5: Partner with Smart People
Bonus Tip: Claim Your Business Listing with Google My Business
Adding your restaurant profile to Google is a very important part of scaling up your business online. Google My Business is a free tool from Google that enables businesses to manage their company’s information across Google Search and Google Maps.
According to Google, “97% of consumers search for local products and services, but only 37% of businesses have claimed a Google My Business local business listing on a search engine“. Feel free to check out how to claim your business on Google.
Starting a restaurant is great. Yet, taking advantage of the web and its online tools allow you to increase sales, attract lots of customers and give you that high edge. By having a dedicated website (check here to create a stunning website for your business).
Staying up to date and posting your new treaties/recipes on social media, promoting your restaurant and also networking to serve other businesses online, you are sure to start generating huge profits in your revenues.
Have you been using tools from the web to leverage your restaurant business online? What other strategies have been working for you that are not included in this guide? Let us know in the comments.
FAQs on How to Increase Restaurant Sales
How can I grow my small restaurant?
• A sure way to grow your small restaurant is to leverage the use of online mediums, like a dedicated website, using social media, creating a Google My Business account etc.
• Also, reward your existing customers with loyalty programs, to let them help you advertise. Word of mouth is very powerful.
• Lastly, create great recipes that want customers to come back for more.
How do Restaurants Increase Sales Delivery?
• Use technology to leverage your delivery service. By using online delivery apps and websites that accept payments, you make it easy for both you and your customers to deliver on time.
• Providing great service is key to ensuring a great delivery. Make sure the food is well packaged; equip your delivery boys with insulated food bags that keep hot items warm and cold things fresh through the ride and also package food safely in delivery vehicles.
• Have clear and precise information about your customers' orders. Get their correct addresses and correct order before taking off.
How do I get more customers to my restaurant?
• Leave smart flyers
• Network and create partnerships with other local businesses.
• Offer discounts from time to time • Embrace events in your restaurant, to create awareness